Thursday, June 28, 2007

I pulled into my driveway and scanned the scene before me. I searched for the color red...but alas the tomatoes were still green. At this point in summer I am so craving a ripe, sweet tomato from the vine. And I am hungering for a tomato sandwich. Just chewy white bread, mayo, salt & pepper and of course tomatoes. Not store bought...they will not do. It happens every summer, this craving for tomato sandwiches. There are days when I eat them for every meal, including breakfast. It is one of my favorite things to eat...but my tomatoes are growing...and soon...I'll be eating those tomato sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And thanking my Heavenly Father for making something so wonderful as tomatoes.

1 comment:

Claire Nance said...

Hi, kat
I know how you feel. My husband went overboard planting tomatos this year and planted too many too close together. The ones we can find are not turning red!!! I'm still waiting. However, our cucumbers are doing great. Only trouble is, once we find them (hubby planted them in along with tomatos) they are bazooka size! LOL Hope you see some red soon.